Property owners and concerned citizens dedicated to preserving the natural and rural character of Pine Creek Valley.
Service Area: The Pine Creek Watershed (Potter County, Tioga County & Lycoming County, Pennsylvania)
Mission/Vision: Preserving the natural and rural character of Pine Creek Valley by facilitating various preservation measures through direct intercession or interaction with planning, regulating or governing agencies and other conservation organizations.
Contact Information: Pine Creek Preservation Association, P.O. Box 11, Waterville, PA 17776 [email protected]
Membership Information: An Annual Membership Application Form is available on the “Documents” section of this website. Memberships run from April to April. Additional information on the various levels of membership is also available by contacting the organization Secretaries at the above address or email.
Meeting dates, times and locations: Meetings are normally held at 7:00 pm at the new DCNR Resource Management Facility just north of Waterville along Rt.44 (alternatively at the Waterville Fire Hall) on the third Monday of the month from April thru October, except for August which is picnic month. Scheduled meeting dates and times are included in both our Spring and Summer Newsletters which are available on the “Documents” section of this website as well as posted on our “Calendar” section.
Typical Projects and Activities:
- Promote and support Anti-Littering Campaigns
- Promote and support Recycling Activities
- Promote and support Litter and Dump-Site Cleanup projects
- Promote and support Acid Mine Drainage Remediation projects
- Promote and support Oversight-Regulation of Natural Gas Industry Activities
- Promote and support the implementation of the “Pine Creek Valley Management Plan”
- Promote and support the implementation of the “Pine Creek Watershed Rivers Conservation Plan”
- Promote and support the implementation of Pine Creek COG’s “PA Wilds Initiative”
- Active Organizer-Member of the “Pine Creek Council of Governments”
- Active Organizer-Member of the “Pine Creek Rail Trail Advisory Committee”
- Active Organizer-Member of the “Pine Creek Watershed Council”