The history of Ramsey Village, about three miles north of Tombs Run, is to a great degree the history of the Ramsey Family. Their continuous presence in the area spanned from just after the Revolutionary War until 1981, almost 200 years.
The Boy Scout Camp Kline footbridge over Pine Creek south of Ramsey swayed under the tread of many happy scouts in the summer of 1961. Built in 1955, the wire–cable suspension bridge had a 14–ton capacity and a maximum height of 25 feet over the water. On Easter Sunday, April 14, 1974, it was destroyed by extremely high winds associated with violent storms that had spawned tornados in the region.
….For more great information and photos about the Blackwell area please purchase “Pine Creek Villages” by: David Kagan
Available at area bookstores, independent retailers, and online retailers, Pine Creek Valley.com, or through Arcadia Publishing at (888)-313-2665 or www.arcadiapublishing.com.