Skip to content
ATV Trail Riding Safety Tips
- Always wear a helmet and eye protection at all times and other protective clothing suitable to the environment.
- Do not carry passengers on your ATV. If you plan to carry a passenger, be sure the vehicle is equipped with a suitable 2nd seat.
- Do not let young inexperienced riders operate ATVs without training and supervision.
- Do not use alcohol or other drugs when you ride.
- Learn proper riding skills from an instructor or qualified rider and practice such skills before riding.
- Ride with others and let someone know where you are riding. Never ride alone.
- Obey the laws.
- Stay on trails designated for ATVs.
- Be informed of local weather conditions and dress and equip yourself appropriately.
- Know the area where your are riding. Be aware of its potential hazards.
- Always ride at a safe and responsible speed. Know your abilities and don’t exceed those levels.
- Make sure your equipment is in top working order; check before heading out.
- Carry a map of the trail or area you intend to travel.
- Use Common sense.
- You can find protective clothing and helmets for your ATV/motorcycle online. Wearing a properly fitted motorcycle helmet could save your life if an accident occurs.