Pine Creek Preservation Association
Property owners and concerned citizens dedicated to preserving the natural and rural character of Pine Creek Valley.
Service Area: The Pine Creek Watershed
Mission/Vision: Preserving the natural and rural character of Pine Creek Valley by facilitating various preservation measures through direct intercession or interaction with planning, regulating or governing agencies and other conservation organizations.
Contact Information: P.O. Box 11, Waterville, PA 17776
- Paul Hoffmaster, President (570) 753-5695
- Dr. George Durrwachter, Vice President (570) 753-8621
- Dr. Robert Burns, Secretary (570) 753-8672
- Charlene Sawyer, Asst. Secretary (570) 753-8446
- W. E. Toner Hollick, Treasurer (570) 753-8921
Membership Information: Information on various levels of membership is available by contacting the organization Secretaries at the above addresses or telephone numbers.
Meeting dates, times and locations: All meeting dates, times and locations are announced annually in the organization’s Spring Newsletter, which is mailed to all members, local property owners and inquiries of interest.
Typical Projects and Activities:
- Promote and support Anti-Littering Campaigns
- Promote and support Recycling Activities
- Promote and support Litter and Dump-Site Cleanup projects
- Promote and support Acid Mine Drainage Remediation projects
- Promote and support Oversight-Regulation of Natural Gas Industry Activities
- Promote and support the implementation of the “Pine Creek Valley Management Plan”
- Promote and support the implementation of the “Pine Creek Watershed Rivers Conservation Plan”
- Promote and support the implementation of Pine Creek COG’s “PA Wilds Initiative”
- Active Organizer-Member of the “Pine Creek Council of Governments”
- Active Organizer-Member of the “Pine Creek Rail Trail Advisory Committee”
- Active Organizer-Member of the “Pine Creek Watershed Council”